I could type for days about why the KCWO was unbelievably awesome, but instead here’s my top 5 (in no particular order)
1. 5 Awesome Courses- Wilbur Young, Swope, Blue Valley, Rosedale and Water Works
2. Crazy John’s XXX Games- KC Holdem!!!!! Tic, Tac, Thro. Pitch n Putt! Speed Putting and Accuracy.
3. Player Party. It might just have been the best ever? Delicious free food and tons of free beer (soda and water too!). Funky tunes from a live DJ were pretty rocking too.
4. On time and well organized. Everything was on time. Rounds started exactly when they said they would be and minutes after the round the results were posted online. If the player book said 2 min warning at 1:28, thats when the 2 minute warning went off. If I ever had a questions about something, I could look in my player book and would have the answer. Having the same TD go course to course with us was great too, his name escapes me at the moment, but he was quite helpful as well.
5. The People! Getting to meet and hang out with with disc golf legends all week was the icing on the cake. Huge shout out to Dan Cashen. One of the nicest people I’ve ever met and most definitely one of the hardest working people I’ve met. He did the work of a dozen (bakers) people. Then there was Crazy John and his crew, which included a man named Doc, one of the coolest, down to earth pirates that I’ve ever met and whom I’ll never forget. Yes, I said Pirate. I’m pretty sure he’s a pirate. Anyways, Doc is a super cool dude who I’m glad to have met. Then we have the Beer Leaguers. Talk about a dedicated group of disc golfers! I generally don’t like to play in large groups, but I’d love to catch a round with these guys (and gals!). Got to meet the man behind the sickest disc golf dyes too, Jeff Ash the creator of the Brainwave dye! I could keep going on and on….
Swope Camping did not make the top 5…..But it gets its own top 5!
1. Minutes from the Swope Course!
2. Glow Mini Golf!
3. Hot showers!
4. Breakfast and sack lunch provided by local Boy Scouts.
5. Dan, Doc and the Beer Leaguers and can’t forget our new friend Oregon Adam- Good luck at Am Nats!
When you plan your trip next year, plan on camping!
Thanks to everyone who made my 1st KCWO one to never forget.