Comparing Grocery Carts.
We have all seen the grocery carts filled with food with one store saying they are cheaper than the next. Today I decided to do the same with a few online disc golf vendors. I randomly picked 9 discs in a specific weight and then selected 5 online vendors to compare.
Discs: 176 Opto Pure, 175 Champion Teebird, 168 Z Nuke, 172 DX Roc, 171 GL River, 170 Tournament King, 166 SS Wizard, 169 Jackal, 145 Blizzard Boss.
Here are the totals (with shipping):
- Marshall Street: 115.91
- Gottagogottathrow: 125.83
- Disc Nation 134.90
- Prime Discs 124.21
- Disc Golf Center 128.91
So the winner for the cheapest cart goes to MARSHALL STREET
Here are some pros and cons for each vendor that I found while doing my research:
- Pro: had the largest selection for many of the discs and cheapest total.
- Con: had to order $50 to get free shipping. No Vibram discs.
- Pro: Cheapest price before shipping on 4 of the 9 discs. Cheapest Vibram VP
- Con: could not pick exact weight and color. Did not have the desired weight on the Jackal or Blizzard Boss.
- Pro: $3.99 single disc shipping. Excellent information given about each disc.
- Con: Most expensive Teebird, Jackal, Blizzard Boss, and Wizard, tied for most expensive Nuke, Roc, and River
- Pro: Cheapest Lat 64 discs, carries Vibram discs, Cheapest single disc shipping. Free shipping after $39
- Con: Most expensive Vibram
Disc Golf Center
- Pro: Free shipping after $12 could equal cheapest single disc
- Con: Most expensive Tournament King, tied for most expensive Lat 64, Roc, and Z Nuke.
I will do this again with more discs and more companies – Shop smart.